FIRST MEETING ON THE OCCASION OF THE CREATION OF A NEW PROGRAM FOR SUPPORT OF MODERN CIRCUS AND STREET ARTS IN BULGARIA.
In the very end of May month 2020, the Mini Art Foundation was contacted by
Vesselin Dimov – Creative / Art Director at ACT Independent Theater Festival regarding a surprising opportunity for our sector (contemporary circus arts) he further on explained that
The Ministry of Culture from the department of “Performing Arts and Art Education Directorate” with Mrs. Elianka Mikhailova has interest in creating a support program for contemporary circus and street arts for the first time in Bulgaria.
On the 2nd of June 2020 an online meeting was held with the following invited practitioners from the field of circus art providers in the country.
○ Elianka Mikhailova – Performing Arts and Art Education Directorate
○ Assen Assenov – One Foundation for Culture and Arts
○ Vesselin Dimov – ACT Independent Theater Festival
○ Plamen Radev Georgiev – Mime-formation FIRE THEATER
○ Plamen Ivanov – FIRE THEATER and street fire artist
○ Dario Tabakov – Combino Project and street artist
○ Luiza Dushkova – Cirque de la LyuLin / street circus artist
○ Momchil Tsonev – 6Fest
○ Ivo Ignatov-Kenny – Hand Theatre
○ Ashton Ka – Street Artist, Sofia
○ Geo Kalev – Mini Art Foundation
The task after nearly two hours informative meeting was given to those represented, that we should all send our presentations and visions to the program to further assist Mrs. Elianka Mikhailova to get a clear overview of who we are, the current situation in our area and the future visions of ours for contemporary circus and street arts in Bulgaria.
and we also would like to invite you to this topic especially
contemporary artists, performers and providers who had not been invited,
in our opinion it is important to invite as many as possible from the contemporary art fields in order to form a real picture of the current situation.
We expect constructive opinions
There is no contemporary circus in our country, but there are artists who dream of having one, and there is an audience that would rediscover and follow it.
We have a chance to create it together.
We share with you here our brief (SWOT analysis 2020)