About the Foundation
Our main project is to present the Mini Art Festival in Sofia every year as an International Contemporary Circus festival and a multi-platform for the performance of Artists. Since 2017 we have been developing social circus and the general aim of this project is to develop circus practice and give new perspectives for circus pedagogy in the fields of kids and youth in and around Sofia, Bulgaria.
In addition, we are popularizing alternative sports such as the Unicycle sport. In spring 2018 we opened Sofia Unicycle Club with the support from Sofia2018 Foundation (European Sports Capital year) and the Unicycle sport is now an attractive activity for both kids and adults i Sofia.
We work with foreign artists and rely on International exchanges of ideas, personalities, materials and projects, and co-operate with Bulgarian and International artists and organizations that are engaged in contemporary circus and performance art.
Another activity of the Mini Art Foundation is the organization of training practices, including: workshops, seminars and training forums for creative exchange.
One of our goals is to create a social circus center in Sofia. We strive for this through an active partnership with International organizations that have similar activities.
Members of the Management Board
2018: Geo Kalev Chairman (BG), Galina Ryom-Røjbek Vice President (DK)
Geo Kalev from Sofia, Bulgaria.
Founder of Mini Art Festival
President of Mini Art Foundation
Owner of Studio Fo. LDT (Photography studio)
Geo is educated with a Bachelor in History of Europe at the New Bulgarian University of Sofia (2000) In 2002 he started his professional career of photography and in the year 2011 he founded the Festival Mini Art Fest as a small independent Art & Circus festival in the capital city of Bulgaria, Sofia. 3D Photography Exhibition in 2015 in cooperation with Simeon Simov with the name “Military Circus” was one of the successful work by Geo presented in Sofia and Barcelona. Geo has travelled fare with his photography work, one of his favourite destinations is Africa, where he has been for 2 editions of the African Circus Festival that is held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia by Fekat Circus Organization.
Vice President of Mini Art Foundation
She is born in Yambol, Bulgaria by to Bulgarian parents. In 1996 she got adopted to Denmark and grew up in a beautiful area on the countryside with her Danish family at the island South Zealand. A world championship medalist with more than 16 years’ experience in elite International unicycle sport. Outstanding person, with great initiatives and a strong desire to improve through learning have led to a successful move to coaching and consultation to share the lessons and learning of high performance of the sport unicycling, modern circus and social circus.
She graduated at the contemporary circus school in Copenhagen, Denmark AFUK (the Academy for Untamed Creativity) in 2013.
She has been performing tons of times after her school graduation with her unicycle and acrobatic skills, working at serval social circus projects in Denmark and as a leader and program director in Kenyan with Nafsi Acrobats and Sarakasi Trust a social circus project for one and half month which was carried out in 2014.
In September 2016 Galina was traveling to Bulgaria alone to visit her born town, after her visit she stayed in Sofia for a couple of weeks to meet the people working for the development of circus in Sofia, Galina took the decision and moved to Sofia, to start working in the crew of the Festival, Mini Art Fest with the position: Manager of international communications. She works for presenting and developing the circus arts here in Bulgaria into more modern / contemporary form.
In 2017 she presented the project social circus, as the author, program manager and 1st circus instructor she and the crew of MAF social circus program won the project “Social Circus – For Hope” with the financial support of Sofia Municipality and the Program Europe 2018, in partnership with The Nadezhda District, The Children and Youth Association, The French Institute and Cirkus Tværs, Denmark, they completed and presented the first International and professional circus project to date in Bulgaria.
Spring 2018 she opened the very first Unicycle club in Bulgaria under the Mini Art Fondation, by name Sofia Unicycle Club, with the sport project “Unicycle sport” she presented 4 world riders from Europe at the Urban sport event under Sofia European Capital of Sport events with financial support from Sofia2018 Foundation. Today Sofia Unicycle Club is an attractive and growing alternative sport in Sofia for both kids and adults.
VISION & MISSIONS
- Development of contemporary circus art in Bulgaria.
- Organizing events presenting & developing contemporary circus art in Bulgaria as Mini Art Festival.
- Presenting performances and dissemination of information about modern circus and contemporary art from around the world.
- Development of the Social Circus activity in Sofia, to improve the recognition, structure, quality and promotion of youth circus, as a training accessible art form for children and young people to take an active role in society and to engage in social citizenship.
- Promoting Alternative Sports as the Unicycle sport in Bulgaria. Creating a training club in Sofia and turning it into an accessible and attractive sport & a new way to move.
- Working with foreign artists and international exchange of ideas, personalities and materials, projects and cooperation of Bulgarian and foreign artists and organizations in the area of Youth circus & contemporary arts.
- Organizing training´s and meetings as: circus workshops, dance and theater training practices, seminars, meetings and forums for creative and developing exchanges.
- Creation of a Contemporary Circus space in Sofia.
- Establishment of a Social Circus Center in Sofia (2020 plan)
- Participating at International programs or with organizations working for the development of circus arts: EU-meetings, social circus developments, circus training’s, performances, workshops.
- Active partnership with International organizations with similar activities for the societies.
UNICREDIT BULBANK IBAN: BG91 UNCR 7000 1522 8142 36